HOME
GALLERIES
WAYPOINTS LIST
MyPHWaypoints new
Links
Contribute
Contributors
 
Resorts Listing
POIs by Province
FREE Travel Brochures!
 

 

 
VISITS
786117
Copyright 2001-2016 waypoints.ph

 

Bacolor Church
Province:  Pampanga
15° 00.041N   120° 38.917E
Listed in Gallery:   Old Church

Like this destination?

waypoint data    map and vicinity info    route(s) to this waypoint
view other POIs of Pampanga Province

Click on any of the images to see the enlarged copy and narratives of the photo.

As written on the landmark plaque:
SAN GUILLERMO PARISH CHURCH
Named after the town's Patron Saint, San Guillermo. The church was originally constructed by the Agustinian Friars in 1576 - also the town's founding - with Fr. Diego De Ochoa, OSA, as the town's first parish priest.having been installed as such two years after. In 1880, the church was destroyed by an earthquake only to be rebuilt by Fr. Eugenio Alvarez in 1886. On September 3, 1995, lahar flow from the slopes of Mt. Pinatubo which erupted into world notice on June 15, 1991, buried the church at half its 12-m height prompting its more than 50,000 town residents to evacuate to safer grounds in resettlement areas.

Waypoint narrative by: EPPGarcia 2002     follow EPPGarcia on Facebook